Working across Los Angeles County, Communities in Motion is working with Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services and The Center for Strategic Partnerships that has led to the development of a framework that will expand and deepen the involvement of Faith-Based Organizations (FBOs), which includes places of worship, churches and Faith leaders in helping respond to the needs of foster children and families throughout Los Angeles County.
The mission of LAC FIM is to establish collaborations and partnerships between DCFS and FBOs that will strengthen communities, create healthier families and improve self-sufficiency. LAC FIM will:
- Focus on faith-based partnerships because these partnerships are critical to service delivery and the continuum of care for children, youth and families in the child welfare system;
- Expand and develop efforts that will lead to sustainability and foster trust building with FBOs;
- Support DCFS’ Invest LA initiative, which focuses on promoting system improvements in safety, permanency and well-being for children;
- Be inclusive of building and sustaining effective services, resources and practices, including recruitment and retention of prospective resource families; and
- Include an infrastructure that takes into consideration approaches and practices to be applied consistently, with the goal of building sustainability and promoting consistent partnerships with faith communities.